Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Worrier

This cute little face is well on the way to developing worry lines by the time she is five. She has always been very concerned about...everything but the smarter she gets the more she finds to worry about. Recently her class talked about fire safety. She learned a lot! I was reminded  by her that in case of a fire you should:
  • Stop, Drop and Roll
  • Go to the window so the fireman can see you.
  • Don't be afraid and hide from the firefighters.
The next morning at 6AM I woke up to this soon to be wrinkled face almost touching my nose. The first thing she says to me is "Where are our smoke detectors and the fireman said we need a meeting spot if there is a fire. Where is ours?" I was tired so I tried to tell her I would tell her about it when it was time to wake up but she would not be dissuaded. We toured the house pointing out the smoke detectors and decided on a meeting place all by 6:05AM. She still keeps asking about fire safety but at least that got her away from her concern about tornadoes...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

monica said...

Elaine is seriously the girl version of Matthew. Your stories of her remind me of him so much.

I'm glad to see you took care of that virus.

Emily N. said...

That girl is too smart for her own good!

Jocelyn said...

LOL
Ahhhh, the joy of having children. Not just sleep deprivation, but sleep deprivation with a purpose.