Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baby E


If you have ever spent much time with Charlotte you have probably met Baby E. Baby E started out as a beautiful Madam Alexander doll with a red taffeta  dress, tights, tiny patent leather shoes and a bow placed perfectly on her pretend curls. She has now been reduced to a naked, dirty,band aid covered and much loved shadow of her original form. My theory on her name is Charlotte could not say baby a few months ago and started saying "E" instead. Somehow the name stuck for her little friend. I personally have spent much time pushing Charlotte's E in the doll stroller and  carrying her in the toy baby carrier. It is not uncommon for Charlotte and I to pick Elaine up from school with Baby E or for her to go into stores with us. Charlotte loves this doll almost as much as her pink blanket. Today Charlotte sat on the floor reading her baby a story. Sometimes I get a little embarrassed by carrying the dirty dolly around but when I see how much Charlotte loves her I don't mind it at all.

0 comments: