Really it should be "there I went" but I didn't want to call it that. I spent last weekend on a much needed trip to visit my life long friend Susan. On Saturday she celebrated her 30th birthday and asked me to celebrate with her. Of course I jumped at the chance. Thanks Rob for watching the girls!
What is a trip to NYC with out a visit to FAO Schwartz. Susan is showing how girls of all ages love to dress up.
I am showing the Brooklyn skyline from the South Street Seaport.
As we were about to get on the Subway Susan pointed out that the empty space ahead was the sight of the World Trade Center.
Rob and I are huge 30Rock fans so I took a picture of the building. I think it is funny that is says GE Building. The Christmas Tree was down but there were lots of people ice skating.
Tyler and I inside.
Obviously Radio City Music Hall and the people waiting to go in for a show.
Grand Central Station.
After Tyler dragged me all through the city he handed me over to Susan so we could continue the birthday festivities. Susan wanted to go see Revolutionary Road because she had worked as an extra in a scene. We didn't see her face but she was pretty sure they showed the back of her head. It doesn't matter, she still got paid. Here she is modeling the present I gave her.
Here she is modeling the present I gave her. Another Jill original.
After Tyler dragged me all through the city he handed me over to Susan so we could continue the birthday festivities. Susan wanted to go see Revolutionary Road because she had worked as an extra in a scene. We didn't see her face but she was pretty sure they showed the back of her head. It doesn't matter, she still got paid. Here she is modeling the present I gave her.
We got home late and had no cake so had to make do with the pizza. Of course I sang a stirring rendition of Happy Birthday.
Of course I brought back presents for the girls. They are the I
This little person 100% girl. She was wearing this tiara before I put on the t-shirt and she made sure the tiara was replaced immediately. I should have gotten her the New York Princess shirt.
Elaine also got a magnet saying the same as the shirts. I gave her the magnet which she loved but then told be she needed to color a picture to hang on the fridge with her new prize. It reminded me of those books. You know the ones that start with things like if you give a moose a muffin or mouse a cookie.
I had a lot of fun and Rob showed his domestic side by not only watching the girls but doing all the laundry and having the whole house clean when I got home.
Thank you Susan! Our family

8 comments:
What the whirlwind trip. Glad you had fun! And that the girls and Rob survived beautifully. ;)
As I keep saying...OMG!!! We sure did have fun and thank YOU! I am so happy to get to see the shirts in action on your girls...they are perfect (the shirts, the girls, and you, of course). NYC misses you but I know you don't miss the cold.
Oh how fun to see these pictures! And Tyler! Holy cow. Okay, and randomly, I have the poster on the wall where you're eating out. Weird. I'm glad you had such a good time!
It makes me kind of tired thinking of all you did in such a short time. It brought back memories of my quick trip to NYC and how exhausting yet fun it is to try and see it all. I'm also so impressed by all that Rob did on his own, especially since he managed it all while constantly being on Facebook. :0
Looks like a fun trip! :)
No cake? Jill, you disappoint me. But it looks like a fun trip. I hope next time you stop off at Mood for some fabrics for your Jill originals.
What fun! Lynn and I got to New York at 6am and left at 4pm to go to Germany to see Lisa a few years ago. We saw about the same things you saw and we walked the whole way and ended up at the Empire State bldg. We did take a taxi back to the airport so we could have that experience. It was fun, but I would not to live there. I have never seen so many people!
Love you forever, Linda
WOW-LOVE Charlotte's chubby thighs....so so cute! We went to NYC last summer and it was so so fun. Too much to see, too little time.
KElli
Post a Comment