Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Much Anticipated Halloween Photos

Due to popular demand I will be posting many photos of Halloween. Elaine was an San Diego State University cheerleader courtesy of her Uncle Pat with pom-poms supplied by Grandma Gail. Charlotte was the cutest little piggy I ever have seen.

We spent Halloween with our friends the Posts and the fun we had was even better than all the candy. We went to an outdoor mall right near our house for trick-or-treating. The kids had fun and Alissa and I were champions at pushing strollers through the crowds. I think the favorite part of it all was probably the free ice cream and Coldstone. I did get my Halloween wish and after about half and hour Elaine started asking if we were done yet. Charlotte was a trooper in the stroller and liked watching all the kids in costume.


Elaine did pretty well at saying trick-or-treat but did not understand that once you got your candy you said thank you and left. She would get the candy and just keep standing there waiting for something else to happen. Maybe next year she will get it and be able to show Charlotte the ropes.
She got this necklace from one of the stores and it became part of her costume.

After they were done walking from store to store they had energy left to play in the play area.

We did go out again at in the Post's neighborhood. We only made it around their cul-de-sac before Elaine and Charlotte were ready to call it a night. I think the day lived up to Elaine's expectations. For some reason she was really excited about Halloween.



Don't worry, there is no let down from the day being over. This morning she already started asking about Christmas presents.

We still had to do one last Halloween cheer this morning with yesterdays hairdo still intact.

3 comments:

The Noskers said...

Your girls are adorable! I love the cheerleader and little pig costumes!!! It was actually nice weather on Halloween here for a change and our costume was a little too hot!

Lott said...

They look so darling. Enjoy it while they only want to go for half an hour.

ps. Isn't nice they can wear costumes without having a huge, puffy coat over the top?

monica said...

I didn't know Desert Ridge did anything for Halloween. How fun. Charlotte looks so cute in her pig costume. Matches those little piggy rolls of hers. Elaine does not look like a little girl anymore. She's getting so big.