Elaine is 3! Where does the time go? She has been announcing to anyone that would listen that it was almost her birthday for the last two weeks. I think it lived up to her expectations. My sister Emily's birthday is on October 12 so we had a joint party on Sunday with a Dora cake per Elaine's request. Like most people, Elaine was most excited about the presents. She was ready to open them yesterday as soon as she got up but I told her she had to wait until Rob came home. The second Rob walked in the door she ran to greet him and said "Dad, I open my presents now". It was a good preview for what Christmas will be like. She was so excited about each present she forgot about the unopened ones.
We got this balloon at the grocery store and attached it to her skirt. She kept it on all day. We took them for a walk last night and she wouldn't even take it off then. It floated along behind us the whole time.
Charlotte was a great cheerleader as Elaine unwrapped.
This is Elaine unwrapping a new prized possesion: a Dora the Explorer cell phone. Her little face lights up when she hears Dora's voice. Thanks Uncle Pat and April!
Showing off some of the dressups from Grandma.
As part of their joint party Emily and Elaine decorated Halloween cookies. Elaine was all about the sprinkles.
Here is the beautiful and amazing Dora cake. It is a funfetti cake mix with a Dora candle. Since I am such a master cake baker/decorator I wanted everyone to see this work of art. HaHa
Dora sat on Elaine's plate and watched her eat her piece of cake.
9 years ago
4 comments:
Cute photos, cute kids. Sounds like a fun birthday. Sophie also had a Dora cake for her third birthday. And FYI it came from the grocery store. So you get points for actually making one.
Sounds like she had a lot of fun, and I look forward to seeing her excitement at Christmas. I can't believe she's 3 already. It seems like it was just the other day that I came to stay with you while she was in the NICU.
I can't believe it has been three years. At the same time it seems weird that we were still at Davids when you were pregnant with her. Happy Birthday Elaine
Looks like you celebrated in style. I'm sure Dora enjoyed the party thoroughly.!
Post a Comment